Download Winrar version 5.9 for Windows 32 bit and 64 bit
WinRAR is a software that supports compression and decompression of files effectively with many advanced features. WinRAR supports most popular compression formats including: RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip, with very fast speed.
Unlike normal file decompression software, WinRAR is also capable of checking, recovering and repairing corrupted files during the compression and decompression process. WinRAR offers users two options: WinRAR 32-bit and WinRAR 64-bit.
WinRAR is capable of replacing all other compression tools, it supports almost all compression formats, including: RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip. Besides unzipping, WinRAR also integrates archiving feature with just a single click. You can back up files, check archived files, and even scan these files for viruses before decompression.
- Dialog is located in the middle of WinRAR window similar to WinRAR 5.80 and is no longer in the whole screen like WinRAR 5.90.
- When editing compressed files with 3rd party software, extensive metering tools are used to reduce conflicts with the editor and open the temporary file while the editor is still running.
- The “Version to extract” field in the archive properties is opened from the Windows Explorer context menu, providing additional information about ZIP encryption and compression algorithms, such as LZMA or AES. This information is available in the Info command of WinRAR, but is
- missing in the compressed information when accessed from Windows Explorer.
- The OS host types MS DOS and Unix are recognized and are located in the LZH archive under the Info command. In the past, the host OS field always recognized as Unknown for the LZH format.
- Files created by 3rd party editors and using the mask “Settings / Viewer / Ignore modifications for” will not be added to the archive.
The main feature of the WinRAR compression and decompression software:
- High compression ratio on executable files, large files, …
- Unlimited number of files storage.
- Support RAR and ZIP, can decompress CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, bz2, JAR, ISO, 7z, Z.
- Supports NTFS file security and data stream.
- WinRAR offers an interactive graphical interface as well as a command line interface.
- Improve compression ratio up to 10% -50% compared to other methods, especially with files that are more compact.
- WinRAR offers a number of other features such as: setting a password, adding archives and comments. Even damaged files can be repaired.
- And many more features.
64 bit version. Size 3.17 MB
32 bit version. Size 2.95 MB
- Improved RAR compression speed for CPUs with more than 16 cores.
- The “Fastest” method (equivalent to -1 command) has a higher compression ratio for highly compressed data types when creating RAR5 archives.
- The maximum number of threads used has increased from 32 to 64. The -mt <threads> switch accepts values from 1 to 64.
- The “Multithreading” parameter on the “General” page of the WinRAR installation is replaced with the “Threads” input field. Here, you can select the desired number of CPU threads. It can take a value from 1 to the maximum number of logic CPU units available.
- WinRAR displays the compressed or uncompressed folder sizes when browsing archives.
- Add the “Total folders” field to the list of storage parameters displayed by WinRAR’s “Info” command. Add the same field to the “Archive” page in the archive properties in Windows Explorer.
- Windows includes a progress bar and a Cancel button that is displayed if reading the archive content takes a long time.
- The archiving and extracting process window in a number of other commands can be resized.
- Improved “Repair” performance for RAR5 archives with recovery records and no data transfer.
- Other bug fixes & improvements.
64 bit version. Size 3.1 MB
32 bit version. Size 2.9 MB